The Small Business Association of Jamaica (SBAJ) is staging the Inaugural Caribbean MSME Conference on July 19 – 21, 2017. The overarching theme is “Collaboration for Caribbean Business Sustainability”. The conference will bring together private and public sector stakeholders to discuss Trade, Finance and Policy. The stakeholders include representatives from CARICOM, Ministers of Trade, Investment and Commerce, Government Officials, Small Business Association Presidents and local and Regional MSMEs.
Conference Objective: “Shape opportunities for Regional Small Business Associations (RSBAs) to better serve and support their members while striving to create a space to address areas most critical to the sustainability and livelihood of MSMEs through a network connecting Business to Business (B2B).
- Draft Policy Document on Caribbean Business Sustainability
- Agreement amongst Regional SBAs to collectively lobby Governments of the region for specific policy changes on trade finance and legislation
- Expose attendees to various cultures and businesses
- Facilitate opportunities for B2B networking
- Facilitate a Mini Expo for MSMEs
- Promote country to country dialogue at the ministerial level to secure a predictable and supportive framework that gives MSMEs the certainty and confidence required to take risks and expand.